Sunday, July 17, 2011

Potterthon.



Don't judge. If you REALLY know me, you understand that I have always been a Harry Potter nerd. Yes, before the last movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 came out at midnight, I successfully watched 20 hours of Harry Potter at the Megaplex Theater at Thanksgiving Point. After watching all of the movies, around 12:30 am, we watched the final Harry Potter movie there ever will be. It was a bitter sweet moment for me because ever since I was ten I have been looking forward to a new book or new movie to come out. Now there is nothing to look forward to except for...everything else in my life. Weird. This movie was basically the end of my childhood because there are no more books or movies coming out. SAD! The last movie was the best movie yet and although it is all over, I still love Harry Potter forever.

My friends and I arrived at the theater at 5:30 am July 14, 2011 and left around 3 am July 15, 2011. I took little ten minuted naps through the first few movies but other than that, it was a long day of watching movie after movie after movie. It was so cool because the last time I saw the first movies in the theaters was YEARS ago and I got to see them in theaters AGAIN!

I would have never survived without my jug, pillow, backpack loaded with treats, and blanket!! Here is Kelli and I, then the whole gang at 5:30 am!





When we got to our assigned spots in the theater, every seat had a picture of a different HP character that had the order of events, and the list of food sold throughout the day on the back. I searched for Malfoy and switched that with the one that was on my seat. Call me a sicko, but I have ALWAYS had the biggest crush on Draco Malfoy. Sigh.



I know when enough is enough. "For example.." I refuse to dress up for the movies, but I LOVE that people go all out crazy, and I love how creative people get making their costumes. I just love the nerds that are more nerds than I am. I will admit though, I have tons of pretty dang amazing shirts. The geekiest thing I did at the Potterthon was that I changed shirts between each movie. Ever since I was 12 I have collected them from birthday and Christmas gifts (thanks to Erik's Amy), or making them before other midnight showings, or plainly seeing them on sale at Hot Topic and getting them. This was one of the best days ever. My children's children are gonna think I'm the coolest. (PS if you got that quote please notify me in my comments, it would make my day..)

Movie 1: My very first HP shirt, it says SEEKER. Thank you Amy the second for starting my collection!



Movie 2 and 6: I love this shirt. It says MALFOY across the back :)



Movie 3: My roommates also had a few different shirts that they changed into throughout the marathon. This Gryffindor shirt says POTTER across the back.



Movie 4: SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY (not Edward). Thanks again Amy the second!!


Movie 5: I made this shirt when I still lived in CO!! The back says WWHD? What Would Harry Do? I'm clever, I know.



Movie 7: I found this shirt on sale after wanting it for MONTHS!!! What are the odds that there are only 2 left in my size only? You better believe I bought the last one for Rachie.



Here are just some other photos throughout the Potterthon:)



If you watch each movie, you get a Harry Potter "Potterthon" T-shirt that says that YOU SURVIVED! So after we watched each movie they stamp your hand for proof you actually survived each one.




This is what happens during the credits when our neighbors go to the bathroom...




Voldy



We got pretty starving and they had pizza for a dollar. After one of the movies we beat the crowed to get some pizza!!!



Harry is saving me while I gave his bum a little squeeze :) woooooops!



Around 3:30 am the Potterthon came to a close. Here is the whole crew after watching movies for 22 hours. Worth it! First thing I did when I got back was brush my teeth. All the popcorn, treats, and pizza for 22 hours...You don't wanna know.



"DUMBLEDOR'S ARMYYYYYYY!!!!!!"-Random Guy with a sword at the Potterthon when something cool would happen.

3 comments:

  1. DOY! "For example: oculus reparo" - I was going to put that in here when I saw that even before you asked if anyone got it. I love her.

    I really want to cry that I couldn't be there for this. Why did I have to move RIGHT before HP came out? I'm glad that you got to go, and thanks a MILLION for getting me that t-shirt. I have been wanting it since last year when I saw someone wearing it at the marathon and it was by far the coolest HP shirt I had ever seen (non-homemade that is, because let's be honest, our homemade ones rock). I think you need to make a post when you get your Potterthon shirt in the mail and do a front/back shot of all the t-shirts you wore and then the new Potterthon one. Shoot, why didn't they think of the word "Potterthon" when I went? That is awesome.

    I wish I could meet Random Guy with Sword.

    I am still having a hard time that there will be no more movies/books to look forward to :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my GOSH this makes me sooo so so so happy. we were telling everyone we were with that our friend was watching all of them today and they could hardly believe we had a friend who was that insane. haha but we love you! i'm glad you didn't die though! hp4lyfe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang dang dang!

    1. I am jealous

    2. I reaaallllly wish I could have come worn all my shirts too, I.e. Support Viktor Krum, Sirius Lives, Muggle, etc, etc.....

    3. I still haven't seen the movie and I feel as though my Harry Potter-awesomeness credibility is fading away

    4. Nice Toms. Did the old ones arrive yet?

    5. Are we still on for Harry Potter-land?

    6. Did you hear Tom Felton is going to be a rapper now?

    ReplyDelete