Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hello, I am a Ballet Major at the U.

I wasn't kidding, I'm actually in the Ballet Department. I'm not entirely sure how my photographer made me look so good because looking at these now, I wonder how in the world I did some of these positions. I was sore for a week after, especially the leg I broke. It felt like I had to go through therapy again because I could hardly walk down stairs let alone walk at all. But,

TOTALLY WORTH IT. Here's the story:

I had seen plenty of dance photos that my dance friends and cousin Dayna had been tagged in on Facebook that were VERY COOL. They were all taken by the same guy and I didn't actually know him. The pictures were all SO good and I was sup jeal (super jealous) because my past experiences with dance photos were not so great in my eyes. Funny story though, on the way home from Christmas break, there was another ballet major on my flight. Guess who came to pick her up from the airport? The photographer that had taken all of these amazing dance photos of my friends and cousin. When I met him he was very sweet and nice so when I got home I messaged him on Facebook and asked him if it was possible to take pictures with him sometime. I told him I met him at the airport and he took pictures of my cousin Dayna and I loved his work. He responded saying that he danced with Dayna in the Utah Ballet department and she was his favorite. He also said that he remembered me from the airport and that he would love to take pictures for a good deal if we could find a time to before he moved to Portland. We scheduled a time to take the pictures and I borrowed some tutu's from the costume lady for the Sleeping Beauty performance I am doing in May, and some leo's from friends. When I got there he was asking me what kind of pictures I wanted, and I had shown him a few pictures I liked that I wanted to modify to make my own. In one picture I found on Google, there was a chiffon fabric wrapped around this girl while she was doing some cool pose that I wanted to try. When he looked, he said he has always wanted to try chiffon fabric in photos. I was jokingly saying there was a Joann's about a block away and he excitingly said, "GREAT! lets take a five minute break and go get some fabric!" Whats great though is that I accidentally left a leo at home by accident and I asked if my new roommate Annie would bring it by. When she did, we gave her money to go buy us some fabric at Joann's for us HA! I like my new roommate. Anywho, Because of the fact that he was also a dancer, he could tell me what to fix (point my toes, straighten my legs, fix my arms etc). He likes photos with hair down cause it shows the flow of the movement. The shoot was SO MUCH FUN and he was great to work with. My problem is that I have a lot of layers so my short layers ended up in my face majority of the time. Darn. However, IT IS THE ART AND MOVEMENT that I was going for... not so munch the face. Please keep that in mind.

Christopher Peddecord is the photographer, and I give him SO MUCH CREDIT for these amazing photos. ENJOY!

#1


#2


#3


#4 Doesn't look like it hurt, but it did. YOWIE!


#5


#6


#7


#8


#9 Don't mind the tan line..


#10


#11


#12 Top 3 in my opinion.


#13


#14 might be my absolute favorite.


#15 Made it on his profile picture! WOO HOOO!!!


#16 This one might be moms absolute favorite because I'm smiling... This is the color test photo. Sorry I didn't smile more mom, it is hard to hold a position and smile at the same time. :)


#17 My failed attempt. Only regret is my face. I look dead. This could have been OUTSTANDING if I looked like I enjoyed what I was doing. Maybe looking up and smiling maybe? BAH! I wanna go back and try again dangit! Just picture a better face and maybe you will like this one.


P.S. I numbered them so that you can tell me your favorites!

"Alvederzane" -Heidi Klum, Project Runway

5 comments:

  1. #12 is my favorite
    #16, mom's favorite looks like freaky no leg big rump girl
    You have so much cellulite it makes me want to vomit.
    You are so sic.
    Sic, not sick.
    Savvy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 and #12 are tied. Beautiful pictures. They did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. All of them = AMAZING. I like #12, #13, #15, and #2 maybe the best, but it's REALLY hard to choose...

    Where is the one that's on your FB profile right now? I like that one too!

    Love the tan lines :) Killer calf muscles. And I wish I had your bod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Hannah, they are fab-u-lous! Too hard to choose but I like 1, 5, 9 and 12 is my favorite.

    You're too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these turnedout great!

    ps i hope you dont mind rachel's HP friend looking at these... we met in november :)

    number 16 is cool cause your legs are not there, and i really like #10. seriously they are all amazing though!

    ReplyDelete