Monday, January 16, 2012

Gaurdian Angels

Remember that one time when I jinxed myself by hoping that I would never get in an accident this winter? Well that was today when I almost died.
I was going to visit my sister because it was a holiday and I wanted to have a sisterly outing to plan my birthday party. I left around 9AM, there was a little snow on the ground, but the roads looked clear so I wasn't scared. I saw some cars sliding around on the freeway so I slowed down like crazy. I was in the far left lane, with a bunch of cars behind and around me. Out of NOWHERE I slid on some black ice all the way across the freeway. I was trying not to dodge cars but there wasn't much I could do slipping and sliding around everywhere. I didn't want to smash right into the barrier so I tried turning and the tail end of my car hit the barrier, and I spun around somehow ending up in the middle of the freeway again FACING oncoming traffic. How people stopped is beyond me, because I was sliding ALL OVER. My dad made me feel better by saying that I have a guardian angel watching over me, and that it's probably the same one that watches over him! Perhaps we can all be guardian angels for somebody someday!

Considering that I smashed into the side of the freeway barrier, I don't know how I managed to only get away with this



The light needed immediate repair but the cracked bumper can wait til later I guess...

So then I was like, "Ok my day off WILL NOT BE RUINED!!" but then Saje wasn't feeling good so I spent an hour and a half at Insta Care, and then I had to go to work. Saje and I were determined to make the day better, so after work, we bought S'more making materials. I have a real fireplace that I will be using more often this winter :). Here is Saje being a boy scout.



SUCCESS!!!!



Bad day turned good with hot chocolate with extra mallows and Smore's. S'more's are the BOMB.COM

HAPPY MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment